First conceived in the spring of 1959 and incorporated in 1960, The Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon is the only organization that unites land surveyors in the State of Oregon. Collectively, PLSO strives to maintain the highest degree of responsibility, ethical behavior and public perception possible.
The mission of the Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon, a not-for-profit statewide professional organization, is to unite all licensed Land Surveyors in the State of Oregon:
- To promote legislation and educational programs to improve the professional status of Oregon Land Surveyors; and
- To advance the profession of Land Surveying by promoting high standards of practice and ethical conduct, holding paramount the interests of the public.
Code of Ethics
The members of the Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon recognize their responsibility toward the protection of the public and to that end subscribe to the following ethical standards:
- I will hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of my professional duties.
- I will perform professional services only within areas of my competence.
- I will issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- I will act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest.
- I will avoid improper solicitation of professional employment.